Thursday, October 13, 2011

Reconnection

The summer has passed and my seasonal environmental job also draws to a close.  It marks a closing point but also a reminder and renewal of my closeness with nature.  Though at times working outdoors caused us a great deal of stress as we had to cancel sites and be bumped off schedule, it was a big reminder that even in a city as big as New York, nature rules.

It was a pleasure to view the city from dozens of rooftops and speak to the residents that inhabit these neighborhoods.  It is too soon to know how these days will influence my artwork and life, but I feel that these days etched into me and when I move on to quieter places for reflection and creation, these moments will follow me.

Sent from my T-Mobile myTouch 3G Slide

No comments:

Post a Comment